Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Topics : These institutions are the Extractive Industry Transparency Team (formed under Perpres No. 26/2010), the National Agriculture Coordinating Board (Perpres No. 10/2011), the Committee for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesian Economic Development (Perpres No. 32/2011), the Sunda Slate Infrastructure Development Board (Perpres No. 86/2011) and the Drinking Water Advisory Board (Perpres No. 90/2016).The others include the National Mangrove Ecosystem Development Coordinating Team (Perpres No. 73/2012), the National Preparations Committee for ASEAN Economic Community (Presidential Decree (Keppres) No. 37/2014), the National Electronic Commerce Road Map Committee (Perpres No. 74/2017), the Business Acceleration Task Force (Perpres No. 91/2017) and the Water Company Subsidies Supervisory Team (Perpres No. 46/2019).The remaining eight are older state bodies whose formation dates back to the 1990s and mid-2000s.They are the Commercial Overseas Loan Team (established under Keppres No. 39/1991), the National Team for Multilateral Trade (Keppres No. 104/1999), the PLN Restructuration and Rehabilitation Team (Keppres No. 166/1999) and the Financial Policy Committee (Keppres No. 177/1999). The four others are the Interdepartmental Forestry Committee (Keppres No. 80/2000), the Coordinating Team for Exports and Imports (Keppres No. 54/2002), the National Exports and Investment Team (Keppres No. 3/2006), as well as the Urban Public Housing Construction Acceleration Coordinating Team (Keppres No. 22/2006).The list, however, did not include three institutions previously mentioned by Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko as among those that would likely be disbanded, namely the National Elderly Commission, the National Sports Standardization and Accreditation Agency (BSANK) and the Peatland Restoration Agency (BRG).The newly issued regulation also entails the formation of a brand-new state body devoted to the mitigation of the ongoing pandemic and the economic downturn resulting from the health crisis.In accordance with the regulation, State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Minister Erick Thohir is set to oversee the national economic and COVID-19 recovery team. President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has officially disbanded 18 state bodies deemed irrelevant as the government shifts its focus to COVID-19 pandemic mitigation and national economic recovery.The move, stipulated in Article 19 of Presidential Regulation (Perpres) No. 82/2020 issued on Monday, is in line with Jokowi’s commitment to dissolve a number of institutions in a bid to simplify bureaucracy and alleviate budget constraints amid the ongoing health emergency.According to the latest regulation, the state bodies that are subject to the disbandment include those that were established within the last 10 years.
He called for an emergency cabinet meeting on Wednesday.Officials did not say what caused the blaze that set off the blast. A security source and local media said it was started by welding work being carried out on a hole in the warehouse.”What we are witnessing is a huge catastrophe,” the head of Lebanon’s Red Cross George Kettani told broadcaster Mayadeen. “There are victims and casualties everywhere.”Hours after the blast, which struck shortly after 6 p.m. (1500 GMT), a fire still blazed in the port district, casting an orange glow across the night sky as helicopters hovered and ambulance sirens sounded across the capital. Lebanese rescue workers dug through the rubble looking for survivors of a powerful warehouse explosion that shook the capital Beirut, killing 78 people and injuring nearly 4,000 in a toll that officials expected to rise.Tuesday’s blast at port warehouses storing highly explosive material was the most powerful in years in Beirut, already reeling from an economic crisis and a surge in coronavirus infections.President Michel Aoun said that 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate, used in fertilizers and bombs, had been stored for six years at the port without safety measures, and he said that was “unacceptable”. The blast revived memories of a 1975-90 civil war and its aftermath, when Lebanese endured heavy shelling, car bombings and Israeli air raids. Some residents thought an earthquake had struck.Dazed, weeping and injured people walked through streets searching for relatives.“The blast blew me off meters away. I was in a daze and was all covered in blood. It brought back the vision of another explosion I witnessed against the US embassy in 1983,” said Huda Baroudi, a Beirut designer.Prime Minister Hassan Diab promised there would be accountability for the deadly blast at the “dangerous warehouse”, adding “those responsible will pay the price.”The US embassy in Beirut warned residents about reports of toxic gases released by the blast, urging people to stay indoors and wear masks if available.Many missing”There are many people missing. People are asking the emergency department about their loved ones and it is difficult to search at night because there is no electricity,” Health Minister Hamad Hasan told Reuters.Hasan said 78 people were killed and nearly 4,000 injured.Footage of the explosion shared by residents on social media showed a column of smoke rising from the port, followed by an enormous blast, sending a white cloud and a fireball into the sky. Those filming the incident from high buildings 2 km (one mile) from the port were thrown backwards by the shock.Bleeding people were seen running and shouting for help in clouds of smoke and dust in streets littered with damaged buildings, flying debris, and wrecked cars and furniture.The explosion occurred three days before a UN-backed court is due to deliver a verdict in the trial of four suspects from the Shi’ite Muslim group Hezbollah over a 2005 bombing which killed former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri and 21 others.Hariri was killed by a huge truck bomb on the same waterfront, about 2 km (about one mile) from the port.Israeli officials said Israel, which has fought several wars with Lebanon, had nothing to do with Tuesday’s blast and said their country was ready to give humanitarian and medical assistance. Shi’ite Iran, the main backer of Hezbollah, also offered support, as did Tehran’s regional rival Saudi Arabia, a leading Sunni power.At a White House briefing, US President Donald Trump indicated that the explosion was a possible attack, but two US officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said initial information contradicted Trump’s view.Topics :
RelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel Newcastle vs. Chelsea Venue: St. James’ Park Kick off: 6:30PMChelsea make the trip to the North-East to face Newcastle United looking to strengthen their hold of fourth position in the Premier League standings. While Frank Lampard has witnessed his side produce inconsistent performances throughout the first half of the season, the Blues have still remained in the top four, providing the squad with the incentive to improve as the campaign progresses. The Boxing Day setback at home to Southampton would have infuriated Lampard, especially with a below-par performance coming off the back of their most complete display of his tenure at Tottenham Hotspur. However, the Blues have since put together a run of three wins and a draw from their last four games in all competitions, including back-to-back clean sheets at home to Nottingham Forest and Burnley. Lampard has been outspoken about his team’s failure to take their chances in the final third, although keeping shutouts at the opposite end of the pitch is a priority given their struggles during the opening five months of the season. Despite spending much of the campaign as backup to Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori and Antonio Rudiger, the recent clean sheets have coincided with the recall handed to Andreas Christensen, who has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge. Whether the Dane will continue to hold down a role in the first XI going forward remains to be seen, but his performances have ended Chelsea’s search for a new centre-back during the January transfer window. Providing that Chelsea can keep things tight in front of Kepa Arrizabalaga, Lampard will feel that things will inevitably improve in the final third of the pitch given the welcome return to form of Callum Hudson-Odoi and Ross Barkley. While the English playmakers still have some way to go to fully win over the club’s supporters, they add an extra dimension to this team, and that can only help their cause during the next four months. Steve Bruce will feel the same about Miguel Almiron, who is finally beginning to justify the then-club-record fee which Newcastle shelled out on his services 12 months ago. The Paraguayan has contributed four goals from his last seven outings, including strikes which have guided the Magpies to four points against Crystal Palace and Wolverhampton Wanderers. The playmaker’s efforts also helped Newcastle get the better of Rochdale in the FA Cup, lifting the mood at St James’ Park after four matches without a win in the Premier League. The results in the top flight have led to Newcastle dropping down to 13th position in the standings, just five points above the relegation zone. That will be a concern for Bruce, especially with the North-East outfit having to make trips to Everton and Arsenal over the next four weeks. However, Newcastle have shown in the past that they are capable of raising their game in front of their own supporters, with four points being recorded against the two Manchester clubs earlier in the season. Bruce will naturally call for the same kind of desire shown in those fixtures, while Newcastle fans will now be behind forward Joelinton after he ended his 20-match streak without a goal. As Almiron has shown, breaking that run could soon result in contrasting fortunes, and the target man will relish the physical battle with Chelsea’s backline this weekend. Newcastle United possible XI: Dubravka, Hayden, Fernandez, Lascelles, Lejeune, Willems, Ritchie, Shelvey, S.Longstaff, Almiron, Joelinton. Chelsea possible XI: Arrizabalaga, James, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Barkley, Jorginho, Kovacic, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham.Tags: ChelseaFrank LampardNewcastle United
“We probably have the best goaltending in the province in Morgan Flynn from Castlegar and Salmo’s Lauren Biggs,” Fisher said.“Now we just have to find our scoring touch.”Once again the scoring touch deserted the Cats during the weekend.Despite having many good chances, Kootenay struggled around the net.Nelson’s Jesse Cooper tied the game for Kootenay after the Rockets opened the scoring in the second.Saturday, Cori-Anne Huisman of Fernie scored the only goal of the game for the Cats.“The girls really enjoy each other so I don’t think personality is going to be any kind of an issue going forward,” Fisher explained.“It’s just a matter of learning a new way to play the game from where they played before also the level of intensity that’s required . . . this league is a much more intense scenario for us.”The Female Midget AAA League was initiated in the 2007-2008 season in response to the membership’s desire to provide an opportunity for elite female hockey players to come together on zone teams to challenge other elite Female Midget teams.Kootenay, with players from Nelson, Nakusp, Trail, Rossland, Fruitvale, Fernie, Golden, Canal Flats, Salmo and Castlegar, remains at home this weekend when the Cats welcome Fraser Valley Fusion for a pair of games beginning Saturday in Kaslo.Saturday puck drop is 2:15 p.m.Sunday the game begins at 9:15 a.m. Kiana Karoyli scored in the third period to snap a 1-1 tie and spark the visiting Okanagan Rockets to a 2-1 victory over Kootenay Wildcats in B.C. Female AAA Hockey League action Sunday at the NDCC Arena.The win gave the Rockets a leg up on the Cats during the two-game set.The teams played to a 1-1 tie Saturday.“I think we have very young, enthusiastic team that works hard all the time,” said Kootenay head coach Cary Fisher following the tough loss Sunday.“You can see that from their play today . . . nobody gives up, everybody back checks.”“I think for us it’s just finding the right chemistry as a lot of girls haven’t played together so it’s going to take a little while for them to jell together,” Fisher adds.Kootenay is 2-3-1 on the season after the one-point weekend against the Rockets.Despite the loss Fisher is confident the Wildcats will be a force come the end of the season.
About XpressbetXpressbet provides legal and secure online wagering services to horseplayers in the United States. It is the industry’s most comprehensive and user-friendly wagering site, allowing customers to wager on more than 300 of the world’s best racetracks from their computer, phone or mobile device. Xpressbet operates XB SELECT, the industry’s premier destination for high-volume wagering, and XB Net, which connects bet shops and wagering sites from around the world to North American racing. Xpressbet is a Stronach Group company, which also owns and operates Santa Anita Park, Gulfstream Park & Casino, Golden Gate Fields, Portland Meadows, Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course, home of the world-famous Preakness. The company owns and operates the Palm Meadows Training Center in Florida, the award-winning Adena Springs operation, AmTote, a global leader in wagering technology, and Monarch Content Management. The Stronach Group is also a major producer of televised horseracing programming through its HRTV cable and satellite network. Additionally, 25 Second Prize winners will receive a $100 Xpressbet wagering voucher and 50 Third Prize winners will receive autographed memorabilia signed by Hall of Fame jockeys, including John Velazquez, Mike Smith and Edgar Prado. Visit Xpressbet.com to sign up. In addition to participating in the $10K Bet Sweepstakes, new customers can earn a $125 Bonus by entering promo code XMAN125. “We’re excited to once again provide our customers the opportunity to experience a marquee event at an iconic horse racing venue,” said Xpressbet Senior Vice President of Marketing, Kerry Carlson. “Both of last year’s Grand Prize winners not only hit big, which was incredibly exciting, but also raved about the experience. We love to reward our loyal customers, and this year we’ve introduced even more prizes so everyone that registers and plays has a greater chance of winning.” 2014 Grand Prize Winners Cashed for $60,000 on Florida Derby & Santa Anita Derby February 2, 2015 (Washington, PA) – For the second consecutive year, leading online wagering provider, Xpressbet, is giving two customers the opportunity to win a VIP trip to the Florida Derby and Santa Anita Derby, as well as $10,000 to place a Win bet on their race. Each Grand Prize winner will get to cheer their horse down the stretch in person from the track. The Grand Prize package also includes roundtrip airfare for two and three-nights hotel accommodations. In last year’s inaugural $10K Bet Sweepstakes, both Grand Prize winners parlayed their luck into an unforgettable experience at the track, complete with a winning wager. Tom Guadagno turned his $10,000 Win bet on the Florida Derby into a $43,000 payday when Constitution hit the wire first, while Scott Shore’s choice of California Chrome in the Santa Anita Derby returned $17,000. Since 2000, the average Win payout is $19.71 in the Florida Derby and $14.63 in the Santa Anita Derby, based on a $2 wager. The Sweepstakes begins Sunday, February 1 and continues through Sunday, March 15. Registration is free for Xpressbet customers and registrants earn entries for every wager they make with Xpressbet. Bonus entries will be awarded for wagers made on Stronach Group Tracks and Hawthorne Race Course.
GARY STEVENS, DIVERSY HARBOR, WINNER: “Kent chirped to his filly leaving the gate and I said ‘Good, somebody’s gonna put some pressure on La Tia.‘ I was working her last week and she did tremendous, she’s matured a lot; she’s push-button. She showed a nice kick; I can’t believe how much she’s matured. Like all good fillies, she’s got a mind of her own but she’s gotten more cooperative and I’ve gotten to know her a lot better with working her in the mornings. She’s turning into one of my favorites quickly.” TRAINER QUOTES JOCKEY QUOTES JOEL ROSARIO, LA TIA, SECOND: “She was going easy, even when that horse came to our outside, she was still comfortable. She did everything she could but we just got beat. We were second-best today.” AIMEE DOLLASE, ASSISTANT TO TOM PROCTOR, WINNER: “She’s maturing so much. That was excellent. He (Kent Desormeaux on Blingismything) did help her on the pace. That’s what she’s been lacking in a lot of her races, is pace up front, but she still closes really strong, so that definitely helped us today.“She had to run down a really nice filly. La Tia is a solid mare.” NOTES: The winning owner is Leonard Lavin of Ocala, FL, who races as Glen Hill Farm -30-
The luxurious magazine titled, Bask, recently featured Santa Anita Park saying, “Few places in Southern California lore are as storied as Santa Anita Park, the premier racetrack in Arcadia with as much pedigree as the champion thoroughbreds that have famously run its course–and the Hollywood honchos who marked its heyday.” The article goes on to talk about the history of the park and the legendary moments that occurred here such as turning into an Army training center during World War II. Here is the cover and the article.Via BaskMagazine.com
GAP (Glenties, Ardara and Portnoo) Tourism are proud to promote their first “GAP Adventure Week”, running from the 11th to the 19th of August.If you’re thinking of getting a bit more exercise, but aren’t too sure of what to do, then try one of the many options on offer in Glenties, Ardara and Portnoo (GAP).Events range from “Come & try it kayaking”, “No sweat cycling”, “Strenuous walking”, “Mountain biking”, “Guided walk”, “2 day challenge walk & camping”, “Canoeing for beginners” & a chance to join a “Flotilla from Rosbeg to Portnoo”. Coupled with this are talks on the work of the Donegal Mountain Rescue and an Introduction to map reading, or if you’re interested in pony trekking, thats available too. See the attached timetable for locations, times and contact individuals.GAP Adventure Week from Saturday the 11th August until Saturday Sunday the 19th August 2012 Events will run depending on numbers and weather conditions.FANCY A ‘GAP’ ADVENTURE IN DONEGAL? was last modified: August 8th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GAP Adventure Week