Young Liberian Afro, Pop and R& B hits maker Quincy L Burrowes, aliased Quincy B, will in three weeks drop his latest single, “Crazy In love”. It opens with a rollicking tune and has a better use of instruments. Its most glamorous phrase, “I’m goin’ crazy”, creates a deep impression, though the real message lies in the song. Produced by Quincy B himself, now just 21, the artist’s vocal ability is prolific; he sings in variety of genres and has attracted fans and admires from all walks of life.Since his debut back in 2013 with the hit song “My Dream,” alongside Scientific, he has managed to maintain his spot by producing a number of musical hits.“This is the first time I’m in love and don’t know how to express it,” says Quincy. “So I think expressing it through music will let my fans know that Quincy has fallen in love; and I’m just trying to appreciate my fiancée for the love she is giving me. This song is to let people know that you can’t just fall in love with anybody; make sure you find the right person. Even if you are broken-hearted, be inspired that someday you will find the right person,” he added with a smile and, to add fire to his comments, sang a few lines:‘My only Jue da you I want oo, I na want know weting dey can say about u ooo. Dey say love is blind, but my own I can see it clear ooo.” Quincy B says music is demanding. But he has promised to do his best in satisfying his fans and the public with as good music as possible. He says music is his life and can’t remember a day when he’s thought of quitting, as he has come a long way and when things were tough.Quincy B is awaiting admission to the African Methodist Episcopal University (AMEU), having had success in passing the university’s recent entrance exams. He said achieving higher education is important in keeping one’s dream alive and thanks God that it is about to happened.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Thirteen of the 30 men who were arrested in connection with the recent deadly piracy attack in Surinamese waters will remain in Police custody for the next 30 days as homicide detectives continue their investigations.Based on reports coming out of the Dutch- speaking country, the court has granted a request by the Police to further detain the men as they conduct a thorough investigation.In addition, reports are that there is sufficient evidence against the men to warrant institution of charges.Suspected pirate Nakool ManoharThe surviving fishermen, who are cooperating with the Police, have since given the lawmen detailed descriptions of the attackers, some of which fit those who are presently in custody.Guyana Times was told that one of the men who were arrested with the others was released by the Police after the magistrate concluded that he had been in the “wrong place at the wrong time”. He reportedly was in the area making a drop off at the time the suspects were arrested.However, “Killerman,” who was arrested on May 16 for the attempted murder of a Police informant and the murder of Guyanese businessman Somnath Monohar, remains in custody. He was arrested by law enforcement agents after they had received information from an informant about his whereabouts. The informant who, according to reports, is an enemy to “Killerman”, was shot to his chest in an attempted execution by the suspect, who reportedly drove off the scene with another man in his vehicle.They were, however, pursued by Police ranks who were summoned, who subsequently arrested them.On May 9, it was reported that Monohar’s family allegedly offered US$50,000 as revenge money for his murder. Monohar was killed on March 30 while he and a colleague were standing in front of a relative’s home.Nevertheless, Nakool Manohar, the brother of the dead man, was fingered in the deadly piracy attacks which have thus far left four dead and 11 still missing.It was reported that Nakool, who was only recently arraigned on several piracy- related offences and is on remand, was on one of the boats that carried out the attack. The boat, Cristina-1 SK 1221, captained by Ron Drepaul, was identified by one of the survivors.Drepaul also was recently arrested.
New Delhi: Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra attacked the government on Friday over an RBI report showing bank frauds have gone up by 15 per cent year-on-year in 2018-19, asking who is the guarantor allowing such “big bank frauds”.The number of cases of frauds reported by banks saw a jump of 15 per cent year-on-year basis in 2018-19, with the amount involved increasing by 73.8 per cent in the year, the Reserve Bank of India’s annual report showed. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’In FY19, banking sector reported 6,801 frauds involving Rs 71,542.93 crore as against 5,916 cases involving Rs 41,167.04 crore reported in 2017-18. “Country’s biggest banking institution RBI is saying that bank frauds are increasing right under the nose of the government. In 2018-19, this theft has increased,” Priyanka Gandhi said in a tweet in Hindi. “Banks have been duped of Rs 72,000 crore. But, who is the guarantor who is allowing such big bank frauds to occur,” the Congress general secretary asked. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KCongress’ chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala also hit out at the government over the rising number of bank frauds. “‘Loot & Scoot’ in ‘New India’ as a complicit BJP govt looks the other way and common man is taxed!” he said. Congress urges govt to declare financial emergency in countryNew Delhi: The Congress on Friday demanded that a financial emergency be declared in the country and a white paper be released on the “shrinking economy and rising frauds”. Congress spokespersons Jaiveer Shergill and Gaurav Vallabh accused the BJP government of destroying the credibility of the country’s economy and banking system and demanded that it should declare the names of wilful defaulters, along with the details of their non-performing assets (NPAs). “The Congress demands that a financial emergency should be declared in the country,” Shergill told a press conference here. “We reiterate that the BJP government should release a white paper on the shrinking economy and rising frauds,” he said. “It is getting clearer by the day that the country is heading towards a major recessionary phase. This is a classic case of recession under expansionary trends, as whenever there are three continuous quarters of growth recession (reduction in growth quarter-on-quarter), the chances of slipping into a full-blown recession are significantly higher,” Vallabh said. He added that once the June 2019 quarter numbers were announced, it would be clear that India was witnessing a reduction in growth for five consecutive quarters. Vallabh said the problems that this phenomenon put forth were that natural recovery did not occur and the country had to solely rely on monetary policy actions, while the short-term stimulus remained short-term and only helped in assuaging wounds. “The questions we want to ask the government are what is its response to the prolonged reduction in growth? Does it have any clue of what is actually wrong and who’s responsible for the same,” Shergill said. As a responsible opposition, the Congress wanted the government to immediately issue a white paper on the state of economy, he added. “Rather than a band-aid approach, we want substantial solution to this state of the economy,” the Congress spokesperson said, wondering why the government would not accept that the country was witnessing a recession and it would only be revived when a private and public investment cycle would start in the economy. Shergill alleged a “systematic decimation of the economy” with a worsening distress in the farm sector, factories and finance, adding that only frauds, fake promises and aggression on the system were rampant in the country under the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) rule. He also alleged that frauds in the banking system shot up by 74 per cent to Rs 71,543 crore in the 2018-19 financial year, compared to frauds worth Rs 41,167 crore committed in the 2017-18 financial year. “RBI data has revealed that 27,125 cases of bank frauds of a whopping Rs 1.74 lakh crore (Rs 1,74,753 lakh crore) were reported in the past five years. Is this amount similar to recapitalisation of banks? Why, suddenly now, so many cases of frauds are out? Is it an indirect way of looting taxpayers’ money?,” the Congress spokesperson asked.