“I always feel like that,” Cano told reporters Sunday, via MLB.com. “I never feel like I’m 30. … I feel good, physically and mentally. For me, that’s what matters as a player.”He added: “As long as I feel good, for me, I love to play this game. As a young kid, you dream to play in the big leagues. So if I have a chance to go out and play every day, I would love to. I don’t want to step back from that.” Related News Cano is preparing for his first outing with the team during a full-squad workout Monday. He came to New York by way of Seattle, where he spent five seasons with the Mariners. Cano was acquired in early December along with All-Star closer Edwin Diaz. It was the first big transaction made by new Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen, who is Cano’s former agent. But, that’s not the only tie Cano has with New York.He got his start with the Yankees when he was called up to the majors in May 2005. Since then, he became a World Series champion (2009), made eight All-Star appearances, is a five-time Silver Slugger Award recipient and owner of two Gold Glove Awards. Jacob deGrom sets March 28 deadline for Mets to extend his contract, report says Tim Tebow invited back to Mets’ major league spring training He is expected to take an immediate role as a leader for the Mets. After passing his physical, Cano moved into former captain David Wright’s spot in the clubhouse. Wright retired in September due to neck and back injuries.”First of all, nobody’s going to replace David Wright,” Cano said, via ESPN. “David Wright is the organization. We all know what he did through the years. I feel special that I get to have his locker. This is a game that you play as a team. I’m going to go out and do my best and give it everything I’ve got, yes I will. But I don’t like to pressure myself and go out and be that guy.”Cano hit .303 with 10 home runs and a .845 OPS in his final season with the M’s. However, he was suspended for 80 games after testing positive for a banned substance. Shhh, don’t tell Robinson Cano he’s turning 37 this year.The veteran second baseman said he feels 25 ahead of his first season with the Mets.
Tournament director Billy Aki said 47 rugby league teams from all over Port Moresby had shown interest to play but this will be cut down.He said teams who are serious about playing must pay their registration fees before Friday.He explained teams from Hanuabada, Tatana and Porebada were just some of the teams that were yet to confirm their participation and would be axed from the list if they did not confirm their participation.All 32 teams will be placed into 8 pools. “The prize money of 50,000 kina will be broken up and I will announce at a later date how this money will be shared among the winning teams,” said Aki.The Governor’s Cup will run from the 23rd-26th. Games will be played at the Kone Tigers field as well as at Ipi Park, Hohola.