UEFA said on Monday it had allocated 236.5 million euros ($256 million) to its 55 member associations to help overcome the financial impact caused by the coronavirus pandemic.Each national federation will receive 4.3 million euros which can be used towards “its own priorities in light of the negative impact of the coronavirus on football at all levels,” the body said in a statement.The funds come from UEFA’s HatTrick assistance program, which was created in 2004 to support development projects for each member federation. The program will have distributed 2.6 billion euros by 2024, UEFA said. Global governing body FIFA announced on Friday it would release $150 million to its 211 member associations “as the first step of a relief plan”.Those funds originate from the Forward 2.0 program, which was launched in 2016 and will provide $1.746 billion in total. Topics : “Our sport is facing an unprecedented challenge brought about by the COVID-19 crisis. UEFA wants to help its members to respond in ways that are appropriate to their specific circumstances,” said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin.”As a result, we have agreed that up to 4.3 million euros per association, paid for the remainder of this season and next, as well as part of the investment funding, can be used as our members see fit to rebuild the football community.”Last week European football’s governing body released almost 70 million euros in benefit payments to clubs struggling financially during the health crisis. The money was originally put aside to be paid to clubs who had released players for international matches after the completion of the European Championship qualifying play-offs.
highlights New Delhi: India is a nation in mourning following the terror attack in Pulwama which killed 42 CRPF personnel. People from all sections of society, Bollywood and Sports have offered their condolences to the families of the 42 soldiers who were killed and many personalities have urged the people of the nation to remain united in a time of grief. Virat Kohli, the Indian cricket team skipper, also offered his condolences and announced that the RPSG Indian Sports Honours, which were to be held today, has been postponed. Kohli tweeted on his official handle which said, “The RP-SG Indian Sports Honours has been postponed. At this heavy moment of loss that we all find ourselves in, we would like to cancel this event that was scheduled to take place tomorrow.”The Indian Sports Honours is a joint initiative of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group and the Virat Kohli Foundation and there are five categories for the awards. The categories are Men’s and women’s breakthrough of the year, Spirit of Honour, Comeback of the Year, Club of the year and Fan Club of the year.Players like Rishabh Pant, Jasprit Bumrah, Ajinkya Rahane, Jeremy Lalrinnunga, Manu Bhaker, Sunil Chhetri, Neeraj Chopra and Dipa Karmakar were some of the big names who were in line for the award. Chennai Super Kings and Bengaluru FC were the major clubs in line for the club of the year award. Kohli had been tweeting about the Indian Sports Honours from his Twitter handle but one tweet of his was timed horribly when the grief over the Pulwama terror attack was at fever pitch. At 8:01 PM on 14th February, Kohli put out a tweet on his official social media handle which read, “Clubs that invoke deep-rooted passion in fans’ hearts. Vote now, guys!” The tweet was apparently sharing the Indian Sports Honours which listed out the nominees for the ‘Club of the Year’ and it included teams like Chennai Super Kings, Real Kashmir FC, Patna Pirates and Bengaluru FC.This resulted in massive criticism and the tweet was taken down. However, one of the users still had a screenshot of the tweet. At 9:50 AM on February 15, Kohli tweeted his condolences to the Pulwama Terror attack. “I’m shocked after hearing about the attack in Pulwama, heartfelt condolences to the martyred soldiers & prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured jawaans,” Kohli tweeted.A total of 42 CRPF jawans were killed and dozens of others injured after an SUV with 350 kg of explosives hit a bus carrying the personnel in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday. The vehicle was blown up by an improvised explosive device or IED explosion on Srinagar-Jammu highway in the Awantipora area of the district. After 2016 Uri terror attack, this is considered to be the deadliest terror strikes in Jammu and Kashmir in nearly two decades. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. A total of 42 CRPF jawans were killed in a terror attack in Pulwama.This is the deadliest attack ever since the 2016 attacks in Uri.Virat Kohli was also criticised for an ill-timed tweet during the terror attack.