Cyberhawk selected to supply drones for inspection for Middle East LNG producer. (Credit: CYBERHAWK.) Cyberhawk, a drone inspection provider, has secured a five-year contract with a major LNG producer in the Middle East to offer drone inspection, surveying and data visualisation services.Under the contract, Cyberhawk will focus on collecting engineering-grade inspection data from oil and gas assets in the Middle East, onshore and offshore.The data will be delivered as detailed reports through the firm’s drone data visualisation software iHawk.iHawk enables the teams working for the assets to view an up-to-date, visual data securely in the cloud.The software is designed to improve asset management and decision-making by allowing managers to access inspection data.Cyberhawk CEO Chris Fleming said: “This agreement is testament to the high standard of work that Cyberhawk has been delivering in the Middle East region for the past 10 years. By working closely with the client and local authorities, we were able to obtain the Minister of Interiors permit to fly in-country.Our aviation and oil and gas pedigree were an integral part of the selection process and we are extremely proud our track record has been recognised.The contract was secured by Cyberhawk’s local partner ManweirCyberhawk’s local partner Manweir has secured the contract from a state-owned oil and gas company. Manweir had been working closely with the drone-maker to build a strong regional presence and establish value for local operators in the country.The agreement allows any local energy operator to enlist Cyberhawk’s technology solutions through the contract, by making it the preferred drone inspection and visualisation partner in oil producing countries across the Middle East region.Fleming said: “We want to show our client and key regions in the Middle East how drone and visual data technologies can be leveraged to perform remote inspections and digitize assets.“This is an extremely exciting partnership, where knowledge will be shared to benefit the local economy and businesses and allow oil and gas producers to thrive in the new digital era.” The contract will involve collecting engineering-grade inspection data from oil and gas assets in the Middle East, onshore and offshore
It may have only been a scrimmage. But the Ocean City Red Raiders looked very good in their final pre-season action Saturday against Cinnaminson at Carey Stadium.The Raiders defense was perfect, pitching a shutout – its second straight– and new quarterback Joe Repetti threw for three touchdowns as Ocean City beat Cinnaminson 19-0.The Red Raiders lining up against the Cinnaminson Pirates. Photo Credit: Ian CrowleyIt was particularly encouraging because Cinnaminson came into the game with a state ranking of 56 by the website MaxPreps and is coming off an 8-3 season that saw the Pirates win the West Jersey Football conference Patriot Division and make it to the second round of the State Group II playoffs. In contrast, MaxPreps has OC ranked 153rd statewide and the Raiders went 4-6 overall last year.”We saw a lot of good things today,” head coach Kevin Smith said on the team’s website. “Cinnaminson is a tough football team and they moved the ball on us. But we made plays when we had to and we handled adversity well. We have a long way to go but today was encouraging.”After an interception in the end zone, an Ocean City player made it all the way to the Pirates 30-yard line. Photo Credit: Ian CrowleyBoth teams’ defenses dominated a scoreless first quarter. Senior running back Issac Wilson’s 11-yard touchdown reception from Repetti broke the ice, capping a 53-yard drive. A missed extra point and stalled Cinnaminson drive ended the half with OC up 6-0.The opening play of the second half saw Repetti connect on a slat play to Brian Beckman, who slipped past a would-be tackler and broke free for an electrifying TD covering 70 yards, and Brendan McGonigle tacked on the extra point kick.Cinnaminson put a drive together later in the quarter, penetrating the red zone and making it all the way to the OC 6-yard line. But Pirate QB Shawn Ruffin’s pass was tipped by Colby Felix and linebacker Tommy Oves picked it off and went 70 yards the other way to the Cinnaminson 30.Number 10 from Cinnaminson is tackled by a gang of Ocean City players after his run. Photo Credit: Ian CrowleyOn the next play, the Raiders capitalized on the turnover with a 30-yard Repetti to Jake Schneider aerial. The second missed extra point of the day left the score at 19-0, which held up over the scoreless fourth period.The win left a good feeling for the Raiders to build on in their final practices before traveling to Lower Cape May Friday night for the season opener at 6 pm. The Caper Tigers went 6-4 last season and it should be a good test for both teams.Ocean City’s offense and defense played a near perfect game. It was a great way to end the pre-season. Photo Credit: Ian Crowley”They’ll be ready for us, no doubt,” Smith said. “But we’ll be ready too. It’s nice to finally get going. I’m looking forward to the regular season.”New Athletic Director Geoff Haines said he was impressed with the team and the coaching staff.“We have a nice mix of kids and (veteran players),” he said. “The team and the coaching staff have been working hard all summer.”Photo Credit: Ian Crowley****Thanks to OCHSfootball.com for providing scrimmage details**** OC mixes it up with a strong Cinnaminson team during Thursday morning’s final pre-season scrimmage. Photo Credit: Ian Crowley
BATESVILLE – Residents with Rumpke Service may want to mark their calendar for September 6, the next large trash collection date.The one-day event begins at 5:00 a.m. Citizens are encouraged to set their disposable items out the evening before to ensure that items are not missed.The large trash pickup is ideal for material too large to fit in a trash can or weighs greater than 75 pounds.Acceptable Items Include:old clothingfurniture, bedsprings, mattresses, etc.old rugs, carpet pieces rubber hoseappliances (as in washers, driers, etc.)wood (bundled 4 feet long or shorter, 75 lbs. maximum)insulationall cans or buckets, totally cleaned and drypaint cans (must be dried paint)Unacceptable Items Include:No electronic devices containing mercury (as in TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones, etc.)No building and construction materials (bricks, etc.)No remodeling materials (interior/exterior)No landscape materialsNo car body parts including wheels and tiresNo steel or metal framingNo tree limbs, grass clippings or leavesRefrigerators, AC units, and freezers are required to have a sticker on them showing that the CFC’s was removed by a certified person. This includes units without the compressors in them. If there is no sticker, your unit will be rejected.TV’s, computers (& monitors), microwaves, VCR’s, and all other electronics can be dropped off at Batesville’s Waste Water Treatment Plant, 25019 Underpass Road, Monday-Friday, 8 am – 3 pm. Please register at the office prior to unloading.
The Magpies have launched an investigation into an incident after the Under-21 team’s 2-0 defeat at Sunderland on Monday evening. It is understood the 62-year-old former Scotland international’s conduct is being probed after it was claimed he was involved in an altercation with 19-year-old defender Remie Streete. Newcastle’s loss in the second-string derby came two days after the senior team were beaten 3-0 at home in the Barclays Premier League by the Black Cats. The news of Donachie’s suspension came as manager Alan Pardew prepared to sit down with owner Mike Ashley to plot a way forward for the club. The 52-year-old will send his depleted team into Barclays Premier League battle at Chelsea on Saturday after more tumult on Tyneside. The Magpies sold their best player, Yohan Cabaye, without replacing him, before losing to neighbours Sunderland and then witnessing the departure of controversial director of football Joe Kinnear inside six turbulent days. The transfer window debacle and the derby defeat proved simply too much to take for some fans, one of whom ran on to the pitch to confront Pardew during the Sunderland game, while others have signalled their intention not to renew season tickets. However, asked what his message will be when he meets Ashley to discuss life after Kinnear, the manager said: “My message is always the same, it’s about taking the club forward. “We can’t stand still, we have to go forward, so it gives us an opportunity to do that. “Let’s be honest, it was an emotional game and the fan running on the pitch with a season ticket and all that, that’s what our fans are and they will never take that away from them. “They are passionate, they love the club and the best thing I can try to do is get the best team I can out there to get results for them. “I have no problem with that passion. It comes to the surface. There was a bit of frustration this week with season tickets going forward. “But two years ago, we finished fifth; this year, we are eighth and we have done a brilliant job. “We have lost a great player, we know that, and in the summer hopefully we can bring three or four great players in. Let’s hope so because this club deserves it.” Pardew insisted he was “sad” at Kinnear’s exit – a feeling which was not shared by many on Tyneside – after his reign came to an end a little more than seven months after he was appointed. He left having made only two loan signings in as many transfer windows and with many still wondering what his role was meant to be. The 67-year-old did not carry out any media duties after launching a series of initial salvos – the first came before his appointment had even been officially confirmed – and with Ashley happy to take a back seat, Pardew has found himself having to shoulder that responsibility. The role proved particularly uncomfortable in the wake of the Sunderland game when Pardew was left to field questions about the Cabaye saga, many of which he could not answer. Pardew said: “I have probably been in that position for a long time. I have to carry that responsibility, and I have no problem with that. “I don’t want to talk about other things other than football, if I am honest, but sometimes you do and I give the best answers that I can.” It remains to be seen whether Ashley decides to persist with a director of football, but if he does, Pardew insists he would have no problem with that. He said: “That decision is the board’s, but I have no problem with directors of football. In the modern game, a lot of clubs have directors of football. “There is so much involved in transfers in terms of the other club, agents, the preparation for the bid and the finances that are involved now that it goes way past what we used to do 10 years ago.” Newcastle will travel to Chelsea without key midfielder Cheick Tiote, who has been ruled out of the next two games at least by a hamstring injury and joins Fabricio Coloccini, Yoan Gouffran and Papiss Cisse on the sidelines. Newcastle have suspended reserve-team coach Willie Donachie over an allegation that he hit one of his players. Press Association